BGET Energy Trust Debt Advice Services
The Trust provides specialist fuel debt advice services via funded project officers within a number of agencies in England.
The British Gas Energy Trust provides grants to organisations to:
- Provide free and impartial holistic money and debt prevention advice with a particular emphasis on the relief and prevention of fuel poverty.
- Raise awareness of the Trust and the help provided by it to individuals and other advice agencies.
- Increase the quality of applications submitted to the Trust.
- Submit quality applications to the Trust on behalf of relevant clients.
- Signpost appropriate clients to energy efficiency advice.
Fourteen organisations were awarded funding for a two year project commencing 1 July 2011. These organisations were chosen as they are located in areas known to have high levels of fuel debt and were able to demonstrate strong partnerships helping them achieve the aims of funding from the Trust.
Each organisation must deliver against strict targets set by trustees in return for their grant. Project funding may be withdrawn if organisations fail to meet project targets.